Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Eating in

We are officially on vacation. We decided that it may be a bit too stressful to try to travel somewhere for one week of vacation. Since we have basically spent the last year in constant transition, we think it will be more refreshing and relaxing to havestay-cation. I'm not sure if it will play out that way, but we'll see. I haven't been bored for many years, so it would be interesting if that occurred.

Staying home means that we have to make our own meals, but at least we can take some time to try to make delicious food. So, I decided that our first evening of vacation would be a good time to finally use the blue cheese that has been in the freezer since I bought it in January to make one of my favorite meals...blue cheese steak frites.

First, we put the meat in the pressure cooker to tenderize it (this is only the second time we have used the pressure cooker...but it has worked beautifully both times). I made a blue cheese/bacon white sauce.

Then, after some research on the internet, we set about to make french fries for the first time in our frying careers.

peeling and slicing
cold sugar water soak
frying 'em up

Assembled fries, meat, and blue cheese sauce. Yummy!

No comments: