Monday, April 21, 2014

another world

We are on vacation in Italy. Its bizarre to be in a different part of the world after not leaving Africa for 16 months. A few pics from our trip so far. First, we said goodbye to some dear friends.
Goodbyes...we're gonna miss these guys.



Then, we continued our journey by plane.

sleeping in the Not Constantinople airport (its nobody's business but the Turks') after our red-eye flight, waiting for our flight to Rome

the sight that met us as we stepped off the metro in Rome

 the Colosseum is bigger and more impressive than we imagined. Also, I love the cold weather. Cold weather is AWESOME. I am now convinced more than ever that I am a cold weather person.

Strawberries!!! so delicious. When the vendor saw my eyes light up when I saw them, he stuffed the tray in my hands and said; 1.50! What a STEAL!

breakfast 

we have eaten some pizza  at every meal (except breakfast) so far. I cannot get enough PIZZA. It is my favorite food and it seems every restaurant here knows how to make very well.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

oh pizza!!! luke must be soo happy! have fun in Italy, and enjoy all those luxuries you can't get back in Niger!

phillybean said...

Cute kids!