Wednesday, April 16, 2014

lean years

Whenever I see the cows around here, for some reason it reminds me of that story of Pharaoh and his dream. You know, the one where the poor, thin, ugly cows come out of the Nile and eat the plump and attractive cows. 

Genesis 41
Then Pharaoh said to Joseph, "Behold, in my dream I was standing on the banks of the Nile. Seven cows, plump and attractive, came up out of the Nile and fed in the reed grass. Seven other cows came up after them, poor and very ugly and thin, such as I had never seen in all the land of Egypt. And the thin, ugly cows ate up the first seven plump cows, but when they had eaten them no one would have known that they had eaten them, for they were still as ugly as at the beginning. Then I awoke."

what I used to think of when I thought of cows

oh, how I miss fields of green grass
Here are a couple pictures of the cows here:

I wouldn't necessarily call the cows here ugly, but they can be tragically thin. 

Can you count the ribs? The grass is missing. In fact, I'm not really sure what the cow could be eating. 
This pic made us laugh. I imagine this is what a cow would look like if it swallowed another cow. Thanks google images. :)

No comments: