Monday, November 19, 2012

some thoughts

The elation of passing oral boards has started to wear off and my routine of worries, fears, and concerns has resurfaced to diminish the feeling of happiness. I learned a few things about myself over the summer. I worry too much about what other people think and about how I can make things work. I don't care enough about what God thinks and how He is working on me. I like being in control and having other's approval. Now, having some control isn't evil in and of itself.  I mean, it's ok to have to-do lists and plans. But, when I'd rather check tasks off my list than spend time meditating or enjoying my husband...that's a problem. So, I am trying to take a step back, enjoy the moments, replace worry with the knowledge that God is in control. I am not down here on earth alone, trying to do things for Him, but I am meant to work with Him. And, He is good to work with.

No comments: