Sunday, May 12, 2013

Out of the frying pan...

Its out of the frying pan and into the fire, so to speak. The other surgeons and the first-year residents are away for the next couple of weeks at a conference, leaving me as the chief surgical officer for the hospital. Thankfully, we have a visiting team with a surgeon and ob/gyn here for the next couple of weeks to help out...so I am not on call every night of the week! Unfortunately, I seem to be coming down with a bit of a cold so I am going to go to sleep now. I'll leave you with a few images from the week and go to bed. Hopefully I will feel better and have time later this week to share some stories.


big bags of onions...one vegetable that is plentiful around here! The moms were each given a small bag of onions for mother's day today! :)

Mystery bumps...or perhaps the most severe hand warts I've ever seen


Severe contracture from old burns...his foot could not move from this position.

Madura foot. I need to read more about this.  You can try to treat with antibiotics, but often requires amputation.

x-ray from the foot above
and a cute little donkey on the walk home from church :)!







2 comments:

LadySurgeon said...

My goodness. Your pictures always make me so much more thankful for my patients with diseases I've actually heard of before. Those bumps!!! What did you do for them??

Tab said...

s- seriously, i rejoice every time I see a familiar diagnosis! the bumps went back to the medicine clinic :)