At the risk of making ourselves even more homesick, we did New Year's Resolutions a little differently this year. Instead of a listing what we want to do better or accomplish, we made a lighthearted list of things we've missed in the last year and are looking forward to "accomplishing" by this time next year when we are in the USA. Many of you (in America) could complete this list in one week...I dare you. :D
Tab:
Eat real blue cheese (the stuff here isn't the same at all...its gooey not crumbly and tastes odd).
Drive a vehicle
Have Red Robin Blue Ribbon Burger with bottomless fries and ranch dressing
Play pinochle [with my family]
Shop at Trader Joe's and Target
Peruse the magazines at Barnes and Noble while drinking a holiday flavored coffee drink
Luke adds...
Watch a football game in the daytime
Go to a Mexican restaurant at eat queso, guacamole, enchiladas, and tacos
Buy a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts...and see how many I can eat
Go to a grocery store and just look at the food
Go to an English-only church service (or even an English-at-all one)
Together now...
Meet our new niece and nephew
Eat a sandwich made with lunch meat
Have strawberries and raspberries (if not fresh, frozen will do)
Enjoy a Cowboy Breakfast at the ranch (bacon, eggs, coffee, and pancakes cooked over a fire)
Eat Tillamook ice-cream
(Don't worry.I have a list of 'serious' resolutions too. They're just not as fun). :)
2 comments:
so many food related dreams! it's amazing how much you can miss little things so many people take for granted isn't it?
s, ya, its funny how often food comes to mind when we think of what we miss in America. Its definitely not what we miss the most, but I miss some things more than I expected to!
Post a Comment