A couple of months ago our friends lent us their ice cream maker to help out with Luke's "weight loss prevention" program. On New Years Day I finally had the opportunity to use it. I decided that ice cream just wasn't quite as fun without ice cream cones. Of course, you can't find cones around here, so I decided to try making them since I had the day off from work. After a little bit of internet research I found a
website with directions. Here is how it worked:
 |
| sugar cone batter- basically egg white, sugar, flour, vanilla, milk, and butter |
 |
| cooking the batter...one cone at a time |
 |
| It took a little bit of creativity to make a "cone roller." Apparently, you can buy wooden or metal cone rollers in specialty baking stores. We don't have those here. :) So, I made one out of cardboard, tape, and a plastic bottle. |
 |
| ready to roll |
 |
| you had to be pretty quick to get the cone rolled before it cooled |
 |
| It took over about an hour and a half to make 6 cones. It made the house smell like an ice cream shop! |
 |
| About 4 hours of kitchen work for ice cream in a cone. It was worth it..but it might be a while before it happens again! |
Another thing we miss is pickles. Fortunately, making pickles is a little bit easier than making ice cream cones because of this:
 |
| pickle making mix from America. awesome. |
 |
| just add vinegar and water |
 |
| pour over the cucumbers |
 |
| and boil |
Unfortunately, pickles are low calorie and won't help Luke gain weight...unless we fry them. Hmm...sounds like an experiment for our next fry-day.
1 comment:
those cones (and the ice cream) look awesome. and the pickles too! yummy.
Post a Comment