This month has been one long party. It seems nearly every night we have cause for celebration. Last night was our anniversary and today is Tab's last day of residency. I have lost count the number of dinners and bbq's and such we have gone to during the past month. Tomorrow is another going away bbq. It will be fun. We finally have our prayer cards and timelines and we are handing them out to those that we see. Our time in Seattle has been great. My experience here in Seattle was very different than I thought it would be. I never thought I would meet and become friends with so many people and I never expected to be so sad to leave. At the same time we are excited. Excited to meet new friends and new experiences and to tell our old friends about all the cool stuff that we are about to do in Africa.
I am currently at Tab's office using her computer. Every hour that passes another link from the countdown chain goes in the trash. In three hours it's all over. It seems more like the last day of school around here, it's mostly about saying goodbye and cleaning out your locker. Soon we are all headed for dinner.
Side story, two nights ago I woke up to a sore mouth. After a few minutes the pain went away. When I got up in the morning the pain was there again and disappeared again. No problems all day, then I brushed my teeth and sat down for a while then bam! I was in a lot of pain. My whole left side of my face ached and there seemed to be nothing that I could do to ease the pain. I could not sleep, I just laid in bed and moaned. I took some pain killers and iced the side of my face, it gave little comfort. At 8 in the morning I called the dentist. I got an appointment for 11. by 9 am the pain subsided enough to sleep. My alarm woke me and it was as if nothing had happened. I went to the dentist anyways. After x-rays and an exam he was pretty sure it was not an abscess. After talking I realized that the pain was most likely cause by me clinching my teeth. Why have I been chlinching my teeth? Oh, I don't know, maybe because the list of things we need to do is long and the time to do them is short. Right now, my jaw muscle hurts, my teeth are fine, my checking account is lighter, and I finally realized that I need to relax and have faith.
LUKe
No comments:
Post a Comment