During the three days we got to know some of fellow post residents and find out when and where they are going. On Sunday our friends K and R showed up and we all drove to Boone, NC the headquarters of Samaritan's Purse. Samaritan's Purse is the parent organization of World Medical Missions, the agency sending us out to Africa for two years. When we got to Boone we had a pizza party. That night Scott, R, and I played Pandemic (a board game). It was cool. The next three days were an orientation for Samaritan's purse. We met many of the executives and directors of Samaritan's Purse and had a tour of the entire place. We got to meet our program coordinator's family...finally. They were so much fun to hang out with and so nice! We want to go back through Boone again this summer just to see them again. We got to spend lots of time with K and R because R was our chauffeur for the three days. After six days of sitting and listening to speakers I was tired of it. The last day I got a massive toothache. The same pain I had at the end of June. I did not sleep very much during those six days. Every night we went putt-putt golfing or out for ice cream or did something else that kept us up late. So I was sleep deprived and started to grind my teeth. Thankfully, two days later the pain was gone.
It was sad to say good bye to all of the people we had gotten to know over the previous week. Some of them we may see again before we leave for Africa. I hope.
This storm greeted us as we got to our hotel.
CMDA welcomed us with this sign
David Stevens giving a talk about cultural mentors.
This is the group of post-residents and families. We are all headed somewhere crazy in the next year. Some of them are leaving next week. It was awesome to get to know them all.
Mini golf tournament. I came in second. I want a rematch!
Our Friends K and R hopefully we will see them again in November or December





No comments:
Post a Comment