Sunday, October 7, 2012

North Carolina

Greetings from North Carolina! After a four jolly weeks in Virginia, we have settled in to our new abode in at CIT We'll be here for six weeks total (we've already been here for three)-time is flying!

We are staying in one section of a Triplex on the CIT campus and it is awesome. For the first time in our married life we have a dining room, bedroom, living room, and china.  Yes, I said china!  Most of the cooking and baking supplies are a mish-mash of varying qualities that were probably donated over the years. Our dishes happen to be very nice silver and white china. Its fun eating on them although I discovered, after burning my finger on a tea-cup, that silver filigree gets quite hot in the microwave!

Our time at CIT has been eye-opening...we are learning a lot and mostly discovering how complex cultures are. We are getting lots of tools, concepts, and ideas that will help us adapt and communicate. As a bonus, we have found that a lot of the stuff we are learning also applies to marriage! :)

For your entertainment, here is an interpretation of an event from the worldview of a nail:


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just found out my friend, Alexis, is at Galmi for 4 1/2 months. She said she met you at an orientation. I think she'll still be there when you arrive. And then I just found out that a good friend of mine from Houston is headed to Galmi for two weeks at the end of this month. I had never heard of Galmi before I met you guys, and now it keeps popping up!

Tab said...

Yes, we met Alexis! We also keep hearing about people who have been to Galmi, are going there, were born there, or live there. We had no idea it was so busy when we chose to go there. Should be fun!