To get yogurt here, you have to make it yourself. I have never made yogurt before, but our neighbor (who has lived her over 20 years) told me how. I tried it today.
 |
| Ingredients: 1 cup milk powder (I don't think they sell fresh milk here that would be safe to drink), 1 cup filtered water, 1 cup hot water, and 1 tsp or so yogurt starter (I got this from our neighbor) |
 |
| Mix milk powder, filtered water, yogurt starter |
 |
| Add one cup hot water |
 |
| Let set for 3-4 hours in hot season, longer during cold season (now). I wrapped the bowl in towels and it sat on the counter about 7 hours. |
It worked! Its not quite Greek yogurt (perhaps I will have to add some cream and sugar to try to make that!) but it tastes pretty delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment