There haven't been any major events going on in our day to days here recently. However here are some pictures that capture some interesting moments. The first is of the night sky. After having spent my entire life in North America I am not used to the moon being in a northern direction from me at times. I had the opportunity the other night to take some cool pictures while the moon was full.
 |
| This is the moon low in the sky, notice the orange color? |
 |
| This is the moon later in the night. Looks the same where you are too, right? Let me know if it doesn't. |
One of the things that I looked forward to seeing on our trip to Africa is a chameleon. And today, I finally got to see one! They are so cool. At first I thought that it was a leaf blowing across the driveway then I realized it was a lizard walking very slowly. Then I noticed that it was a CHAMELEON! Our Friend got it to walk onto a stick so we could pick it up and look at it. The thing was so cool. Too bad we had to go back to work so soon. We put it on a tree, he walked around slowly for a while and then we went inside. When we came back out it was gone. Hopefully he was not eaten by the cat. The cat loves to eat lizards. I hope to see more of these one day.
.JPG) |
| Here is my lovely holding the Chameleon on a stick. I love how the tail coils up |
 |
| Here is the Chameleon playing dead on the stick. You can tell he recently shed his skin from the white patches on his head and back. |
Apparently some Africans are quite scared of Chameleons and will kill them whenever they see them. They believe that they are evil or cursed or something. They will not touch them and they don't understand our fascination with them. When I told my African friend about us finding a chameleon today he asked me if I wanted him to kill it. I told him no. No thank you.
No comments:
Post a Comment