We had a little bit of rain and it cooled down last week. Apparently,
it is too early for the true rainy season...but sometimes brief rains
come during mango season- which is now! Luke has never really been fond
of mangoes, but we got some big, fresh mangoes here and they are
delicious.
 |
| Mangoes! |
 |
| Nothing like fresh mangoes with friends! In the foreground see "Hawaii in a box"- our favorite juice here- pineapple coconut |
 |
| 110 degrees outside? Mango smoothies inside. :) Luke is an expert smoothie creator. |
In
other food news, yesterday was a national holiday...kind of like Labor
Day. Which means it was the annual hospital staff party. Eight rams were
slaughtered and soup was created. Much of the hospital staff got new
outfits made...with matching material. There was singing and
dancing...and soup and bread.
 |
| On the left is small intestine, on the right is stomach |
 |
| intestine and liver |
After
operating on a small intestine perforation in the morning, I couldn't
quite stomach the idea of eating intestines. But, Luke's friends from
the hospital guard staff brought him a bowl so he ate, and, I
quote,..."the intestines were soft, smooth, and delicious!" I have to
admit that I was surprised that he enjoyed it so much! All of the OR
staff today were surprised when I told them that most people in the USA
don't eat intestines.
2 comments:
Wow. I would have had a pretty hard time eating those small bowels!
I actually enjoyed the stomach and bowels. I did not enjoy the liver. It was dry. How can something in a stew still be dry? How can liver possibly be good for one's health?
Post a Comment