 |
| adventuring |
New Year's Eve was kind of a bummer. After an emotionally exhausting weekend, I was looking forward to the evening prayer time with games and snacks to follow. But, by the time I got home from the OR, washed the hospital off and made dinner, prayer time was almost over and I was exhausted. Also, Luke was feeling anti-social. So, instead of having some fun, l collapsed into bed. Which, on the bright side, gave me some energy for a little New Year's Day adventure.
There isn't a whole lot to do for adventuring around here, but we had planned a fossil hunting trip a few weeks ago with our friend J, the school teacher and a few kids. It turned out to be an interesting little field trip.
.JPG) |
| Setting out across the rocky landscape |
.JPG) |
| interesting rock designs |
 |
| a local shepherd boy and his cattle |
 |
| some of the fossils...t top left is a fossilized vertebra, top right is a spiral seashell, and bottom left is a clam. Guess there once was an ocean to go along with all the sand! |
 |
| On our walk back we stopped by the local "butcher shop." Today was market day, so it was a pretty busy place as animals were slaughtered for market. |
 |
| posing |
.JPG) |
| being carried to the slaughter |
 |
| up close and personal |
 |
| photo op |
 |
| not sure about this |
 |
| bucket full of goat heads (not sure what they do to them...eat them?) |
 |
| I got an impromptu "name that internal organ" Hausa lesson |
 |
| On the walk home we walked through an area with rocks arranged to mark what we found out were gravesites |
 |
| This was the only grave with a grave marker |
As you can see...it was a pretty interesting 3 hour adventure all within a 20 minute walk of our compound. :)
1 comment:
love you and glad you had an adventure filled new years day! I worked and the girls were real bad! but on the way home I saw fireworks!
Post a Comment