After rounds, I decided that rather than spending a miserable day in clinic several hundred feet from the nearest toilet, I should probably just take rest of the day off to recover. This was kind of a big deal. I don't think I have ever taken a day off work for being sick. In fact, I felt pretty guilty all day for not working. That's what surgical residency does to you, I guess. Or, more likely, the type of people who decide to endure surgical residency are the same type of people who feel guilty for taking legitimate sick day. I know I'm not the only one.
In other news...I removed an even bigger ovarian cyst this week. So gratifying...in less than an hour she went from looking 42 weeks pregnant to having a flat belly and a scar.
| for scale, the scalpel is approximately 6 inches long |
2 comments:
A sick day! You must have been feeling awful Tab..Hope you are feeling better soon.
Wow, you are amazing and very talented. God is using you greatly. Keep letting your light shine for Him!
Post a Comment