As in, we are spoiled by you. We have had a relaxing, fun, delicious weekend made possible by the generous gifts and packages we have received. It started when I got home from work and found a new
package on the table!!! Our friend C came over, saw it, and got super-excited as well....so excited she stayed to "help" us open it. :)
.JPG) |
| A package opening party- smiling and laughing and dancing about. |
We had some friends over to play a game of Settlers while drinking
tea and eating
candy and
chocolate.
 |
| We've been blessed with enough Skittles to share. Our Australian friend who had never heard of Skittles is now a big fan. |
It poured rain for several hours on Friday night and it was blessedly cool Saturday morning.
 |
| Martin coping with the cold weather by rolling up into a ball. |
 |
| By "cool" I mean less than 90F...which means we can sit in our living room in relative comfort. After 120F, 82F feels downright amazing. |
|
 |
| I enjoyed some coffee with flavored creamer and had some quiet reading time. |
 |
| My weekend home improvement project: our toilet paper holder before. |
 |
| After: Painted black using some paint my mom brought over for us. |
 |
| Luke woke up and asked what was for breakfast. I reminded him about this tasty goodness in the refrigerator. |
 |
| Pop Tarts = Happy |
Then, C came over and we had a cooking/baking party.
 |
| chocolate chips...like gold around here :) |
 |
| Chocolate chip pecan cookies!!! (Vanilla, chips, pecans, baking soda all imported) |
 |
| Salmon croquettes with Siracha mayo. They were amazing!!! |
 |
| Chillin' reading some magazines. |
After baking and eating salmon croquettes we enjoyed a few games of Dutch Blitz. And that was just our Saturday...made possible by people like you. :)
2 comments:
Sounds like you guys enjoyed it all. I can't believe my package never made it to you. Somewhere there is a very happy person eating boxes of mac and cheese and reading Martha Stewart living!
I know. :( I really,really wish that very happy person was me.
Post a Comment