The time has come to leave this continent and return to the continent of our origin. Our time in Burundi has gone by very quickly and has been a great time of transition and also gaining new perspectives on medical work in the developing world. We have a lot to think about and process. But, right now we are SUPER excited about our return. I have a list of about 50 things I'm looking forward to in America: Friend and family (of course), a COLD Christmas, Red Robin, blue cheese, Trader Joes, movies in the theater, fast internet...and the list goes on.
On the other hand, we are returning to America after spending two years in a totally different culture that has come to feel almost normal. It feels like we are about to jump off a cliff into the unknown sea of reverse culture shock. I'm quite interested and a little frightened to see what that's like. We'll let you know.
On the other hand, we are returning to America after spending two years in a totally different culture that has come to feel almost normal. It feels like we are about to jump off a cliff into the unknown sea of reverse culture shock. I'm quite interested and a little frightened to see what that's like. We'll let you know.
No comments:
Post a Comment