There are two plywood pieces that slide in and out and allow for stuff to be stored underneath them. In this picture there is one sheet out and Tab is packing stuff. We can easily put our inflatable mattress on top, fill it up and suddenly we have a bed. The hard part is finding a good spot to stop and sleep that is quiet, dark, and level. It is somewhat weird crawling out of the back of a pickup in the morning with your PJ's on. But overall I would say it is cool.
So, before we made it to Illinois we were in Colorado for a few days. We did some rock climbing, river tubing, camping, and hiking. We had a great time.
Chip bags make great altimeters. This bag is telling me that we are at about 9000 feet elevation.
Making breakfast for dinner.
Tab is enjoying the view
Sunday we spent most of the day with family at Lowden State Park. There were too many people there for me to list them all. But it was great to see and talk to them. Many of them I had not seen in many years.
This is me and my sister trying to avoid the sun.
On Wednesday morning we are on our way again, to Tennessee. Every time I return to Illinois in the summer I remember how much I like the midwest and all the great friends and family I have here.

2 comments:
Enjoyed reading these. You guys rock!
I enjoyed reading these. I'm excited for you guys!
Post a Comment