Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Back where it all started.

Have you ever lived in a place and returned years later and had old nearly forgotten memories flood your recollection?  That is what has been happening to me the last couple weeks. It has been many years since I have been to the south and many more since I have been to the place where T and I met. We met in College in Carolina, ten years ago, this week. In some ways it doesn't seem that long ago, in other ways, it seems like many lifetimes ago. Our future together began with one awkward date with a mixture of silence and over disclosure. It worked out though, and we are together forever.

We have been in the south for about a month now. I have forgotten many things, like the red dirt, cicadas, and of course, humidity. We have seen many friends that we have not seen in years. It is good to catch up on all the latest news. The marriages, babies, and careers. I wish I had been able to visit the south more often over the past decade to keep better track of our good friends. We will continue to miss them over the coming years. One day we will connect with them again as if nothing has changed. Thanks to technology, all of them can follow us on our journeys. And thanks to facebook, we can follow theirs.

No comments: