Sunday, October 14, 2012

Fall is here...

Fall has arrived in North Carolina!  I have a pumpkin on our porch, a pumpkin spice candle burning, and ingredients for pumpkin cupcakes. The leaves are brilliant colors- green, yellow, orange, and red and there is a fall chill in the air. It reminds me that the summer has come to a close and soon (in 52 days) we will be flying to the land of perpetual sunshine and heat.

After four weeks of the CIT Equipping for Cross-cultural Life and Ministry course, I feel woefully unprepared to join a new culture. Don't get me wrong. The class was awesome, the instructors were fantastic, and we learned a ton of valuable information and tools. I would recommend it to anyone serving overseas. However, I also learned so much about the difficulties of ministering cross-culturally and about my own weaknesses. I reinforced to me that it is all about Jesus...and only He can make our ministry worthwhile. The good thing is, He is already there working and we just get to join in!!!

We spent the weekend at The Cove in  the mountains near Asheville at a conference called "Prescription for Renewal." Here are a few pictures from this weekend at The Cove:
Fall decorations :)





Billy Graham has the key to the city of Seattle...good to know in case we get locked out
On the porch overlooking the mountains

Luke was excited to find out that Billy is a Cowboys fan

No comments: