We took a trip into town the other day and saw some camels. The camels and donkeys around here are so fun to observe.
One month after flying into the country, we have heard word that our missing bag is in Paris! We had almost given up hope of ever getting it...and then the airline left a message on my parents answering machine. I hope it will make its way to us before too much longer. :) We don't really have a way to call Air France...but I think someone will help us out.
Also, "our" dog that was missing for a week has returned. The guard noticed her outside the gate a few mornings ago and we coaxed her in with some food. She is skinnier than ever, but it is nice to have her back. We thought she was gone for good!
Now, the only thing missing is our health. It seems like we've been sick with something or other ever since we got here. We're both now getting over the flu and are hoping for a reprieve from illness for awhile. I am the type of person that usually only gets sick about once a year...but here there are a lot of new illnesses to acquire. I'm still hoping that sickness does not become a routine for the next two years!! We are both pretty exhausted...which is strange to me since I'm not "working" long hours like I was in residency. It is surprisingly tiring just trying to figure out how to live and talk here! It has been an exciting adventure...but I'm anxious to get back in to the OR and start operating soon. Maybe then I will feel more "at home."

2 comments:
Great news about the bag! Can't wait to hear some stories from the OR...
I'm sorry to hear about the sickness and hope it ends soon. Crazy about your bag! Also can't wait to hear about the OR in Africa.
Post a Comment