Tuesday, November 12, 2013

real vacation

Our time in Kenya was amazing...it was the first real vacation I've had in years in that it lasted longer than 9 days and I wasn't studying for boards or preparing to move to Africa! We did have some work/training...but even that was a chance to catch up with friends and be encouraged! Much of our time was spent celebrating and enjoying life, food, and creation:

I celebrated my birthday along with some friend's birthdays.
Happy Birthday to us! 
A beautiful, delicious, hand-decorated cake (Thanks, K!)

We celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary (on our real anniversary I was on call doing C-sections).

And, on our way home, we bought ourselves an early Christmas present:
A small chest freezer!!!

Its amazing. I can freeze vegetables and we won't have to go months without eating anything green. I can cook and freeze meals on the weekends so during the week we just have to pull something out of the freezer and bam- dinner! The possibilities are endless. :)


No comments: